Artists of all disciplines in the North, Central and South Okanagan.
Pseudonyms are welcomed.
- Consider the theme of this year's show "Raw.... Whispers"
- Work which has shown in previous Erotic Exhibitions will not be accepted.
- Live installations, live webcam feeds are not welcomed.
- No depictions of children or anyone under age 18.
- No depictions of violence against any animal or human
- Tasteful and edgey submissions very much encouraged.
- You will need to supply an easel that will hold your work if it is large
- For 3D work, artist is responsible for supplying pedestals
- Please consider the size of the gallery when submitting work. Smaller works have a larger chance of being accepted. Download a floor plan of the gallery here.
- If your work includes an alteration of the floor, windows ceilings or walls, please remember that these areas must be returned to their original state at your expense, immediately following the show.
- It is preferred, but not mandatory that the pieces are for sale.
- Original works only accepted, no reproductions.
- All insurance responsibility of artists.
- Work must be ready to hang, including wire, if traditional.
- Only walls, floors and ceilings provided.
- Sculptures: Pedestals must be supplied with 3D work.
- Mixed media/video: tv or other equipment/cords supplied by artist.
- Mixed media/video/sculpture artists can come between 4-6 pm June 1 for installation of their work.
- Any Art on Screen must be shown on a maximum 18".
- Installation proposals accepted of actual work to be on display. Installation artists are expected to have all installation problems considered and solved
- Please bring your own tools if you need them: hammer, nails, glue etc
- Maximum 3 submissions per artist.
- Please submit artwork to be displayed
- Each artwork $10 non refundable application fee. (3 artworks = $30)
- There is a 20% commission payable to the AWoodside Design Gallery on sales that occur during or as a result of the show.
Format of Submissions
- Emailed jpgs, snail mailed professional portfolios which include images of the actual work which will be displayed: photos, dvds, cds are acceptable. If you wish your submissions returned, please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) if you wish your work returned.
- jpgs must be named with your last name and title ie TropsErotica1.jpg
- Cheques or moneyorders must accompany submissions, please date your cheque for April 15 2009, and make it payable to Okanagan Erotic Art Show.
Submission Form (.doc)
Submission form (.rtf)
April 15 2009 - deadline of submissions, received (not postmarked)
April 15-30 2009 - jurying
May 1 2009 - artists notified of acceptance
June 1 2009 - show installed by Gallery Owner
June 1 to 30 2009 - show
June 4 2009 - opening 6 - 10 pm
June 30 2008 - pick up of work 5:30 pm
- Jury information will be posted when known. Please see the "Jury" page of this website for more information.
- All work will be juried.
- Once juried, no changes are accepted.
- Decisions of the jury are final.