Submission Form (.doc) Submission Form (.rtf) or print out the webform
Artists of all disciplines in the North, Central and South Okanagan.
Pseudonyms are welcomed.
- Consider the theme of this year’s show “Blush...what makes you?”
- Photos will be available of the display areas available on the Photo Gallery page, if you want to make site specific work.
- Live installations, live webcam feeds are not welcomed.
- No depictions of children or anyone under age 18.
- No depictions of violence against any animal or human
- Tasteful and edgey submissions very much encouraged.
- You can create one work for the March 29th event, and another work for the month long Galleria show.
- If your expression includes an alteration of the floor, windows ceilings or walls, please remember that these areas must be returned to their original state at your expense, immediately following the show.
- Original works only accepted, no reproductions.
- All insurance responsibility of artists.
- Work must be ready to hang, if traditional.
- Only walls, floors and ceilings provided.
- Sculptures: Pedestals must be supplied with 3D work.
- Please consider supplying an easel that will hold your work if it is large
- Mixed media/video: equipment/cords supplied by artist.
- Installation proposals accepted of actual work to be on display. Installation artists are expected to have all installation problems considered and solved
- If your work is site specific, there is a possibility of having one work accepted for display on March 29th, and another work for the Galleria show April 1-30. Please contact the coordinators for more information.
- Maximum 3 submissions per artist.
- Please submit artwork to be displayed
- Each artwork $10 non refundable application fee. (3 artworks = $30)
- If you would like your artwork considered for jurying to the Galleria, there is an additional one time fee of $10, for which you will receive a current year membership to Rotary Centre for the Arts. If you are already a member of the Rotary Centre for the Arts, please indicate this on your submission form. (All artists who display in the Galleria must be members of the RCA.)-
- There is a 15% commission payable to the Rotary Centre for the Arts on sales that occur during April 1 to 30 2008.
- No commission payable on artwork sold during March 29 2008.
Format of Submissions
- Emailed jpgs, snail mailed professional portfolios which include images of the actual work which will be displayed: photos, dvds, cds are acceptable. - The Federation of Canadian Artists has an excellent webpage resource of digital submissions. Please refer to it as you prepare your package. If you wish your submissions returned, please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) if you wish your work returned.
- Cheques or moneyorders (no postdated) must accompany submissions
February 1 2008 - deadline of submissions, received (not postmarked)
February 1 to 15 2008 - jurying
March 1 2008 - artists notified of acceptance
March 29 2008 - 2 pm to 6 pm setup, an email re: volunteering will be sent
March 29 2008 - 7 pm to 10 pm exhibition, artists requested to be in attendance.
April 1 2008 - setup in the Galleria
April 1 to 30 2008 - Galleria show
April 30 2008 - pick up of work 5 pm, Galleria
- For those who are not displaying in the Galleria, work must be picked up at 10 pm, March 29th.
- For those who are displaying in the Galleria, no pick up is necessary.
- Installation artists and mixed media artists may want to come back on April 1 if they wish to reinstall their work in the Galleria themselves, otherwise this will be handled by the Coordinators. Please contact the coordinators for further information.
- Jury information will be posted when known.
- All work will be juried.
- Please indicate on the submission form if you would like your work considered for display in the Rotary Centre for the Arts Galleria.
- Once juried, no changes are accepted.
- Decisions of the jury are final.